Last modified: 2012-04-07 by rick wyatt
Keywords: canton township | michigan | wayne county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Eugene Ipavec, 27 May 2009
The flag of the Charter Township of Canton, Wayne County, Michigan have a tree-logo and words "Canton/Community" in green on a white background. The logo is registered as a Service Mark by Michigan Department of Consumer and Industry Services. The document also describes the design: "A green tree in full bloom
rising out of a two-part horizon, also in green, with a thin line splitting the left an right halves. The tree is framed by a "tombstone" shaped thin line also in green." Service Mark first used in commerce February 8th 1994. Document and image of the flag courtesy by Terry Bennett from the Township Administration.
About the township:
"The Charter Township of Canton, usually referred to as Canton, is a charter township of Wayne County in the U.S. state of Michigan. It is a suburb of Detroit and only twenty minutes east of Ann Arbor. As of the 2000 census, the township had a total population of 76,366. The 2006 estimate by the U.S. Census Bureau put the population at 86,539. Canton is one of Michigan's fastest growing communities. The township of Canton was created by act of the Michigan Territorial Legislature on March 7, 1834 out of what had been Plymouth Township. It was named after the city of Canton in China.
- from Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canton_Township,_Michigan.
Valentin Poposki, 11 March 2009