This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Klingenberg upon Main City (Germany)

Stadt Klingenberg am Main, Landkreis Miltenberg, Bayern

Last modified: 2022-01-15 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: klingenberg(main) | wheel | triplemount |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Klingenberg upon Main city banner] 5:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 31 Dec 2021
See also:

Klingenberg upon Main City

Klingenberg Banner

It is a blue-white-green vertical tricolour. The coat of arms is shifted towards the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 31 Dec 2021

Klingenberg Coat of Arms

Shield Argent a 6-spokes wheel Gules, issuant from base a triplemount Vert.
Klingenberg was first mentioned as a city in 1276. The Archbishopric of Mainz gained control over the city in 1505 finally and completely. An architectural sculpture from 1561 and local seals from the 16th century already displayed the current pattern. The triplemount is a canting element. The wheel is taken from the arms of the archbishopric. The arms were changed by a rescript of the Bavarian Minister of Interior on 30 April 1822. The new arms displayed a lower silver demi-wheel in a blue field. After 1929 the tincture of the demi-wheel turned to red with black spokes issuant from a blue chief. The green triplemount always remained part of the arms. In 1976 the city council decided to restore the old pattern with the full wheel. Blue and green had been the traditional city colours.
Sources: Stadler 1965, p.87 and "Unser Bayern", appendix of Bayerische Staatszeitung, 1978, p.64
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 31 Dec 2021

Banner and arms were approved on 7 July 1977 by district governor (Regierungspräsident) of Unterfranken.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 31 Dec 2021

back to Miltenberg cities and municipalities click here