This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Collenberg Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Collenberg, Landkreis Miltenberg, Bayern

Last modified: 2022-01-14 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: collenberg | dog(head) | wheel | mace |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Collenberg municipal banner] 5:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 30 Dec 2021
See also:

Collenberg Municipality

Collenberg Banner

It is a blue-white-red vertical tricolour. The coat of arms is shifted towards the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 30 Dec 2021

Collenberg Coat of Arms

Shield parted by a barrulet wavy Argent, above Gules a 6-spokes wheel Argent at dexter and a dog's head Argent wearing a collar Sable with spikes Argent at sinister, beneath Azure three maces issuant Argent ordered 2:1.
Collenberg was established in 1971 by a merger of the municipalities of Fechenbach and Reistenhausen. Name giver had been the ruined castle near Fechenbach. The Cup Bearers of Klingenberg, who had been imperial commissionaires, finished the castle in 1214. After the kin had died out in 1270, the castle was owned by the Rüdt family, since then called Rüdt of Collenberg. The kin acquired Fechenbach and Reistenhausen in 1450 and transformed the area to an independent lordship. The members of the kin had been vassals of the Archbishopric of Mainz since 1483. The lordship was acquired by the archbishopric in 1635, after the Rüdt kin had died out. The barrulet wavy is a representation of the Main River. The canting maces (German: Kolben) are taken from the arms of the cup bearers, descendants of Walter Kolbo, stirps of the kin. The wheel is taken from the arms of the archbishopric. The head of a male dog (German: Rüde) displays the canting arms of the Rüdt kin. The tinctures red and silver had been those of the archbishopric, which ruled the area until 1803.
Source: "Unser Bayern", appendix of Bayerische Staatszeitung, 1974, p.8
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 30 Dec 2021

Banner and arms were approved on 5 April 1973 by district governor (Regierungspärsident) of Unterfranken.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 30 Dec 2021

back to Miltenberg cities and municipalities click here