This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Joaçaba, Santa Catarina (Brazil)

Last modified: 2021-12-11 by ian macdonald
Keywords: santa catarina | joaçaba |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Joaçaba,
SC (Brazil)] image by Ivan Sache, 4 November 2021

See also:


The municipality of Jaborá (3,955 inhabitants in 2018; 19,112 ha) is located 460 km west of Florianópolis.

Jaborá was settled between 1916 and 1919 by colonists of Italian origin coming from Rio Grande do Sul. Colonization was managed in the 1920s by the Firmas Colonizadoras no Meio-Oeste Catarinense (Colonizing Companies of Santa Catarina Midwest), who pushed people to acquire plots in a region rich in Brazilian pines.
The early settlement was successively named Rio Bonito, Lajeado Bonito, Sede dos Poyer, and, in 1923, São Roque for the chapel dedicated to St. Rocco erected that year. Germano Poyer established in 1920 a sawmill powered by the river, which he subsequently moved to a more suitable place and powered with a steam engine. Engineer Lauro Rupp was commissioned in 1922 to design plots and organize urban planning of the settlement.
The district of Jaborá was established by Law No. 941 promulgated on 31 December 1943 and inaugurated in January 1944. The municipality of Jaborá was established by State Law No. 915 promulgated on 11 September 1963, separating from Joaçaba.
Municipal website

Ivan Sache, 4 November 2021

Description of the Flag

A white flag with the municipal shield centred.

Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 27 June 2012

The flag of Joaçaba is prescribed by Municipal Law No. 482 promulgated on 31 January 1967.

Article 1.
The flag is a white rectangle charged in the center with the emblem of the municipality prescribed by Municipal Law No. 284.

Article 2.
The dimensions, technical specifications and norms of use are those officially adopted for the state and national flags [...]
Leis Municipais database


Ivan Sache, 4 November 2021