This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Dorog (Komarom-Esztergom, Hungary)

Dorog város

Last modified: 2011-02-11 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: komarom-esztergom | dorog |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



image by Zoltan Horvath, 20 January 2011



See also:


Overview

Dorog (German: Drostdorf) is a small town in Komárom-Esztergom, Hungary. It lies 38 km north-west from of Budapest. The medieval settlement, destroyed in the Ottoman invasion, remained uninhabited from 1542 until 1649. German settlers then arrived in three waves, followed by Hungarians again.
Zoltan Horvath, 20 January 2011


The Flag

Dorog was a mining and industrial town, and this fact is reflected on its flag. It consists of two panels, white with coat of arms at the hoist and red and yellow striped at the fly.  Ratio is 1:2.
Regulation on flag and coat of arms (in Hungarian): www.dorog.hu
More info about its coat of arms: www.nemzetijelkepek.hu
Zoltan Horvath, 18 January 2011


Reverse Side of Flag

image by Zoltan Horvath, 20 January 2011

The reverse side of the flag is different, mirror of obverse, but stripes are red and black.
Zoltan Horvath, 20 January 2011