Last modified: 2011-11-11 by ivan sache
Keywords: klanjec | antlers: deer (yellow) | wheel: half (yellow) | erdody |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Klanjec - Image by Željko Heimer, 13 June 2004
The Town of Klanjec is located some 30 km north-west of Zagreb, about 10 km west of Zabok, on the border with Slovenia, on the Sutla river. Population is about 4,000 inhabitants, however the town of the same name, its capital, numbers only about 600 inhabitants. As some other towns, Klanjec was first a Municipality and was upgraded to a Town in 1997.
Željko Heimer, 13 June 2004
The symbols of Klanjec are described in the current Town Statutes Statut Grada Klanjeca, adopted on 29 June 2009 by the Town Assembly and published on 2 July 2009 in the County official gazette Službeni glasnik Krapinsko-zagorske županije, No. 13 (text).
The former Town Statutes, published in Službeni glasnik Krapinsko-zagorske županije, No. 15, did not include these descriptions.
The flag is in proportions 1:2, light blue with the coat of arms in the middle.
Željko Heimer & Tomislav Šipek, 17 July 2010
Coat of arms of Klanjec - Image by Željko Heimer, 13 June 2004
The coat of arms of Klanjec is described in the aforementioned Decision as "a black outlined shield with a Bordeaux red field in which is a golden depiction of a half-wheel from which are raising golden deer horns." The description expressely states that this coat of arms is a variation of the family arms of Erdödy (see the inescutcheom in the coat of arms of the Varazdin County).
Željko Heimer & Tomislav Šipek, 25 December 2009
The flag (image) of the Klanjec Volunteer Firefighters' Society of 1937 was shown on the municipal website. An even older flag was apparently burned down in 1964 during the cleaning of the old firefighters' house. The third flag was obtained in 1957 - a gift from the Municipality of Klanjec under the auspices of the reknown sculptor Antun Augustinčić (who was born there). The current, fourth flag was donated by the Borošak family in 1998.
Željko Heimer, 7 June 2007