Last modified: 2006-05-27 by ivan sache
Keywords: vagliano (a.s.) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
House flag of Vagliano - Image by Jarig Bakker, 16 February 2005
The company known as C.S. & A.S. Vagliano purchased the Keramiai
from the Napier & Miller shipyard in Glasgow in 1903. In 1907, the
company was renamed A.S. Vagliano.
A.S. Vagliano's grand-son explains that Keramiai is the name of the village of origin of the Vagliano family. Keramiai is located on the island of Cephalonia.
A company named A.A. Vagliano fils, of Argostoli, purchased in 1894 the Camilla and renamed her Cephalonia.
Ivan Sache, 29 April 2005
According to Brown's Flags and Funnels of British and Foreign Steamship Companies [wed26], the house flag of Vagliano, a company based in Athens, is blue with a white saltire.
Jarig Bakker, 16 February 2005