Last modified: 2010-03-20 by eugene ipavec
Keywords: alboloduy | clock tower (white) | diagonal: ascending (green-red) | bicolor: diagonal (green-red) | dragantes: 2 (yellow) | bend (green) | crown: royal (closed) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by WP User:Miguillen, 03 Aug 2009
The municipality of Alboloduy (728 inhabitants in 2007; 7,006 ha) is located 35 north-west of Almería.
After its reconquest by the Christian Kings, Alboloduy was granted in 1504 to Sancho de Castilla y Enríquez, lord of Gor. in the 16th century, the lord of Gor transferred the capital of the domain to Santa Cruz. To conceal swappings between the Kingdom of Castile and the lords of Gor, the names of Albolodud and Alhiçan were used indistinctively; places in the former taha of Marchena and Alboloduy were mixed. The situation was cleared in the 17th century, when the domain, made of the "villas" of Santa Cruz and Alboloduy, belonged to Antonio Verdugo y Castilla, lord of Gor and Count of Torrepalma. Alboloduy and Santa Cruz became independent municipalities in 1850. In 1863, Queen Isobel II created the Marquisate of Alboloduy for María Elvira Fernández de Córdoba Bohórquez, the niece of the Duke of Gor. In the 19th century, the monoculture of Ohanes grapes caused the boost of the village, whose population peaked at 2,490 in 1857.
Source: Municipal website
Ivan Sache, 03 Aug 2009
The flag and arms of Alboloduy were approved by the Municipal Council on 18 February 2004 and submitted to the General Directorate of Local Administration, which confirmed them by Decree on 14 April 2004, published in the Andalusian official gazette (Boletín Oficial de la Junta de Andalucía, BOJA) No. 84 on 30 April 2004.
The relevant parts of the Decree are the following:
Coat of arms. Shield divided per pale: 1. Vert a clock tower argent port and windows azure. Argent is the heraldic tincture represented by the white colour. 2. Arms of the House of Castile, Duke of Gor and lord of Alboloduy. A bend vert engulfed at its ends by dragon's heads or langued gules; in the upper angle gules a castle or masoned sable port and windows azure; in the lower angle, argent a lion gules crowned or. A border azure with the name of the municipality: Alboloduy in letters sable. This border surrounds the field of the shield and has for width 1/6 of the same. The shield surmounted by a Royal crown closed [lengthy description omitted].
Flag. The municipal flag of Alboloduy shall be made of a panel with dimensions 2:3, made of two triangles of equal size, linked by their side to form a rectangle, charged in the center with the municipal coat of arms, with proportions three to four, as prescribed by Decree 14/1995 of 31 January 1995, published in BOJA No. 38 on 9 March 1995. The upper triangle shall be green and the lower red. The colours, taken from the main chromatic areas of the municipal coat of arms, are combined this way since to prevent any confusion with the flag of another municipality.
The symbols should be registered on the Andalusian Register of Local Entities, with their official written description and graphics (as originally submitted, but unfortunately not appended to the Decree).
Source: BOJA, No. 84, p. 10,353, 30 Apr 2004
Ivan Sache, 03 Aug 2009