Last modified: 2013-04-10 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: untermuenkheim | boat | lion heads(2) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Description of banner:
It is a blue - yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this flag on 25 April 2004 at the local town hall.
Description of coat of arms:
In a blue shield is a golden boat having a mast without sails and a bendy rudder. Prow and stern end in lion heads.
The arms are taken from the Senft kin. Most of its members emigrated from Untermünkheim to Hall in the early Middle Ages. The kin died out in Untermünkheim in 1507 after the death of Ulrich von Münkheim In 1515 Melchior Senft came back from Hall and built a manor in Untermünkheim, called the little Senft castle (Swabian: Schlössle).
Source: municipal webpage
Banner and coat of arms were approved on 25 August 1980 by the county administration, published in GABl 231/1981.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 23 Mar 2013
back to Schwäbisch Hall cities and municipalities click here