Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis uffenheim | uffenheim county | square (white) | coat of arms: per pale (quarterly: white-black) | coat of arms: per pale (eagle: demi) | coat of arms: per pale (eagle: black) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 18th May 1955, abolished 30th June 1972
Black-white with the arms in the 'head' of the flag, adopted 18.05.1955. Became part of the new Neustadt/Aisch-Bad Windsheim county during the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 21 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on May 18, 1955. The dexter half shows the quartered shield of the Markgraves of Nürnberg of the Hohenzollern dynasty, who ruled the largest part of the county until 1806-10. The eagle is taken from the arms of the Imperial city of (Bad) Windsheim. The city was a free imperial area until 1803, when it became part of Bavaria.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 30 July 2003