Last modified: 2011-12-23 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: boyaca | campohermoso |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Campohermoso is a municipality in the Colombian Department of
Boyacá, part of the the subregion of the Lengupá Province. It
was founded on 20 July 1888.
The flag of Campohermoso is diagonally divided (bottom hoist to top fly) blue-green with a white bordered black diagonal stripe separate them. In its center, it is charged with the coat of arms
Source: municipal web site.
Dov Gutterman, 13 September 2008
Translated from municipal
web site: "Rectangular, striped from the upper left
corner to the lower right corner. A white stripe, emblem of the
abundant crystalline waters that waters the municipal territory,
fimbriated with black stripes representing the slates from which
the waters come, separating the lower right green triangle,
coloured as chlorophyl feeding the exuberant nature, and the
upper left blue triangle, symbolizing the vast sky and
integrating the foothills landscape."
The coat of arms, designed by Gustavo Mateus Cortés, is of Swiss shape. The dexter field of the shield is gules, representing the ceremonial colour of the Achiote, who painted in red the notables' skin and stained in red their mantles and cloaks. The field is charged with the Cardeñosa, the heroin of the Tegua culture (The village was originally funded as Teguas on 30 November 1602 by Luis Henriquez), representing value, intrepidity, martyre and exemplary action and leadership. The sinister field of the shield is sable, representing slates, charged with the "El Chorreron" waterfall (Photograph here) fimbriated vert, representing the local natural environment. The point of the shield depicts the Campohermoso landscape, watered by river Lengupa that vanishes with river Upía into the plains' horizon, and with a sun rising lighting the confluency of the departments of Boyacá, Casanare, Cundinamarca and El Meta. The shield is surmonted by a zebu's head, symbolizing the main economic activity of the municipality. Some 17,000 zebus produce daily 13,760 liters milk.
Ivan Sache, 27 September 2008
image from municipal web site