Last modified: 2008-04-26 by ivan sache
Keywords: tenneville |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Tenneville (2,561 inhabitants on 1 January 2007; 9,181 ha) is located north of Saint-Hubert. The municipality of Tenneville is made since 1976 of the former municipalities of Tenneville, Champlon and Erneuville. Champlon and Erneuville belonged to the Province of Namur until 1839.
The traditional language spoken in Tenneville was the subject of a
detailed study by M. Francard, Le parler de Tenneville : introduction à
l'étude linguistique des parlers wallo-lorrains, published in 1980 in
Bibliothèque des Cahiers de l'Institut de Linguistique de Louvain,
The St. Gertrude church of Tenneville was the subject of a book by J. Mertens, L'église Sainte-Gertrude à Tenneville, published in 1961 but unfortunately sold out.
Ivan Sache, 28 November 2007
According to Armoiries communales en Belgique. Communes wallonnes, bruxelloises et germanophones, there is no municipal flag used in Tenneville.
Pascal Vagnat, 28 November 2007